Wye Oak - I Hope You Die [MP3]

Wye Oak, dupla formada por Jenn Wasner e Andy Stack, faz um som que parece simples mas, basta uma segunda audição para se revelarem camadas, texturas e outras sutis surpresas. O duo está lançando o EP My Neighbor / My Creator e solta antes, um apetitoso petisco, a canção I Hope You Die, como download gratuito.

MP3: Wye Oak - I Hope You Die [from My Neighbor / My Creator EP, 2010]

MP3: Wye Oak - Take It In [from The Knot, 2009]

MP3: Wye Oak - Warning [from If Children, 2008]


RELEASE:
Less than a year after their acclaimed, dark triumph The Knot, Baltimore's Wye Oak offer My Neighbor / My Creator, a vibrant EP that brims with melody and creative detours over five new recordings.

Collaborating with outside producers for the first time, Jenn Wasner and Andy Stack's four new songs feel loose and direct, from the tumbling opener 'My Neighbor' to the propulsive 'Emmylou.' 'My Creator' and 'I Hope You Die' begin like ballads but soon reveal unexpected layers of saxophone and percussion over Wasner's cascading vocals. Chris and Mickey Freeland, brothers with ties to everything from Oxes' math-rock explorations to Baltimore's indie hip-hop scene, helmed the new EP's recordings in their own Beat Babies studio, and they bring new textures to Wye Oak's ever-expanding sound. There's a heavier reliance on keyboards, culminating in Mickey's own stunning remix of The Knot's 'That I Do' which must be heard to be believed.

Anything but a stopgap, My Neighbor / My Creator is yet another significant step forward for this young band.

Track Listing:
1. My Neighbor
2. Emmylou
3. My Creator
4. I Hope You Die
5. That I Do (Mickey Free Remix)

Links: wyeoakmusic.com | myspace | facebook | mergerecords


CDs & MP3s:
BuscaPé
MercadoLivre
Submarino
Amazon
CD Universe
Insound
7digital

Nenhum comentário: